- Jazz Fest: A New Orleans Story 2021 [Sony Pictures]
- Laurel Canyon, A Place in Time 2020 [EPIX]
- Museum Town 2019
- A Final Cut for Orson 2018 [Netflix]
- The Kids We Lose [Lone Wolf Media] 2018
- The Last Artisan [Latent Image Productions] 2018
- Blank Podcast [ACAST]
- Satan and Adam [Netflix/RYOT Films] 2018
- The Exhumation [RYOT] 2016
- Finding Oscar [Kennedy Marshall] 2016
- What the Hell happened to Jai Alai [ESPN] 2016
- The Sculptor of Damascus [RYOT Films] 2016
- Havananimal Week [RTE television Ireland] 2015
- Man vs Machine [fivethirtyeight/ ESPN] 2014
- Bidder 70 [Gage and Gage productions] 2012
- An Education [dir Lone Sherfig] 2009
- Right to Play [30 for 30 / ESPN Films] 2011
- Mother Courage [Brecht] National Theatre London 2009
- Sesame Street [Henson Films] 2009
- Love the Sinner [National Theatre, London] 2010
- January [Face Films] 2012
- Final Pose [independent] 2014
- Even Gods 2011
- Running Blind the movie [Kennedy Marshall] 2013
- Mother Spy [BBC Radio 4] 2008
Paul Pilot [aka Paul Wilkinson] is an Irish film composer based in Berlin, Germany who has worked on Grammy, Emmy and Oscar nominated film soundtracks. As a record producer Paul has recorded and mixed on multiple UK top 10 records and as a musician, toured with renowned artists including country/roots Giant Buddy Miller and alternative Icon John Grant.
From the soundtrack for the 2023 Grammy Winning “Jazz Fest: A New Orleans Story” to the sweeping textures in the Emmy Nominated “Laurel Canyon, a place in time”, Paul’s compositions have scored many popular films and TV shows.
Working under the production of Steven Spielberg on 2016’s “Finding Oscar”, Paul’s work brought a fine balance of dark but redemptive grit to the enormously affecting story of missing peoples in post-civil war Guatemala. The soundtrack included a collaboration with R.E.M’s Peter Buck on a re-working of the band’s “Flowers of Guatemala”.
Other highlights include a Netflix Special for UK comedian Russell Howard, the Meryl Streep narrated Museum town with collaborator, Wilco’s John Stirratt, and production of the live band scenes in the Oscar nominated “An Education” starring Carey Mulligan.
Having worked in narrative, documentary, animation, as well as VR, formats Paul’s love of organic and experimental instrumentation has time and again created sympathetic and effective score for stories which are unusual as well as complex.